Your email signature may seem like a tiny speck of your web presence but in reality its a super-important space that too many people overlook. Every email you send could contain a subtle reminder about special promotions or press.
Why not take a moment right now to create a to-do item on your calendar at the first of every month to update your email signature.
Here are a few ideas of promotions to feature in your email signature:
- A special offer or discount code
- Direct link to a key part of your website (for example service list, portfolio, case studies)
- A great write-up or interview about your company (I had this post linked in my signature for a while.)
- A plug for your email newsletter
- Information about an event you’ll be speaking at soon
You should also consider putting your social media profile links in your signature. Or you can steal this fantastic idea from David Kadavy and include just one link with all of that information in one place to avoid a long list. (To give credit where credit is due, David told me that he stole it from Noah Kagan, and I don’t know who Noah stole it from!)
Here’s a model of what your email signature might look like:
President, Que Consulting
Are you getting in your own way? Learn how to delegate with our
QueDelegateIt System: http://www.queconsulting.com/delegate
Now it’s your turn, leave a comment below with your newly optimized email signature!