Before you decide that this post is a bunch of fluff and that it isn’t for you, what if we told you that adding beauty to your life and brand could actually add $$$ to your bottom line?
Got your attention? Good.
Beauty isn’t just about vanity, supermodels or the latest fashions on the cover of Vogue. Beauty is aesthetic. It’s about vision, purpose and power. Embracing and communicating your own “je ne sais quoi” can quite literally change your life and amp up your business.
While appearance isn’t everything, it certainly counts for a lot. Out of the traditional 5 senses, sight is immediate as we form a 1st impression instantly. If you like the way something looks, you’re more likely to “know, like and trust” who it comes from.
Having a beautiful presence will not only initially set you apart from the masses, but will help you leave a lasting impact.
Here are two key ways you can infuse beauty into your life and brand, whether you’re just starting out or have been around the business block (a few times).
1. Beautify Yo’ Biz
Spend time planning and crafting your brand’s appearance. You might be thinking, sweet, I’ve already done this! You had your logo created on Fiverr, headshots taken by your intern (who happens to know a lot about photography) and picked out the best free WordPress theme that money could buy.
We agree that it’s all about getting yourself out there. Sometimes you don’t have the budget to go big the 1st time around. We get that.
But there IS some truth to the old adage of you get what you pay for and spend time on.
Here are a few areas of your biz that are definitely worth the investment:
- A killer set of photographs from a pro-photographer – ?Hiring a photographer who is great at lighting and making you feel comfortable in front of the camera is key. Getting a beauty team on board (hair/makeup + fashion stylist) will further up your game.
- A custom logo + typeface + color palette – Not all designers are created equal. Take the time to explore potential graphic designers’ portfolios. Talk to them about your vision now and into the future. Adding this level of attention to your brand identity will definitely create a more beautiful, coherent experience for your clients.
- A custom website + blog – Style isn’t only about pretty pictures and fonts, it’s also about space. An organized website with plenty of “white space”, allows clients to breathe. They feel open and spacious inside your website, even if they don’t know why.
- A well designed package – Whether you package and sell online products or physical products, take a hard look at your packaging. Pay attention to the details. The quality of paper you use, a custom label, handwritten notes – when created strategically, can illicit a powerful emotional response from your clients. And will keep them coming back for more!
And don’t forget, to always choose professionals based on how well their vision + work aligns with your own.
2. Beautify Yo’ Self
And now it’s time to take a look at bringing a dose of beauty to YOU.
- Get dressed in clothes that make you feel powerful, confident and in charge everyday – especially if you’re working from home.
- Amp up the beauty in your office – splurge on fresh flowers, beautiful artwork or a plush rug.
- Take long bubble baths in the middle of the day.
- Eat dessert before dinner.
This is really about intentionally making beauty an essential part of your life. Not everyone is born with a strong “beauty muscle” – it takes time and it takes practice.
How you look + feel directly affects your performance. As entrepreneurs, we always want to be able to deliver our very best. Wouldn’t it be great to do activities that make you feel incredible?
Do yourself a favor and start incorporating some beauty into your life now!