Today we’re going to turn you into a Superhuman. Think Superman with a word processor and you’re halfway there. Read on and prepare to become awesome!
This post is dedicated to helping you write headlines that will gain your customers’ attention and get them interested in what you have to say in your sales copy.
Excited? You should be!
- Get on over to Amazon.com (I’ll wait).
- Locate the “Books” option on the left tab
- Now Click “Books”
- Now I want you to locate the “Health, Fitness & Dating” section (trust me)
- Click the link as shown above.
- When the page loads, look to the right hand column of the screen. You should see the “Best Sellers” area. Click the link as shown below:
- When you’ve clicked the “Books : Health, Fitness & Dieting” you’ll see this page
- That’s great (I’m not promoting this book by the way, this was just the number one of the day – lucky guys!!).
- As you scroll down the page you’re going to see some book titles. Here’s some that were in the top ten when I completed this search:
- Eat to Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, Revised Edition
- Fit2Fat2Fit: The Unexpected Lessons from Gaining and Losing 75 lbs on Purpose
- Weight Loss Boss: How to Finally Win at Losing–and Take Charge in an Out-of-Control Food World
- The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts
- The Skinny Rules: The Simple, Nonnegotiable Principles for Getting to Thin
- The Tools: Transform Your Problems into Courage, Confidence, and Creativity
- Let’s imagine that you’re a weight gain expert (as opposed to weight loss!). You’ve created a product that’s to help underweight, skinny males to add on some bulk.
- The better you know your customers, the easier it’ll be to sell to them. I advise focusing on two key metrics – Worries & Problems. Worries & Problems = Opportunities for your business to create copy that shows how the product or service you offer has solved their problem
- These are the elements we want to include in our headline:
- Going from slim to muscular
- Improving confidence
- The fact that they may have tried other methods but that this solution is the best one
- Here’s some titles that I thought of, taking inspiration from the Amazon titles that we reviewed above:
- The Zero To Hero Diet: Transform Your Body And Become Superhuman
- Build A Body Of Steel: Transform Your Body Into The Hero That You Always Knew You Were
- Slim To Big: Transform Yourself Into A Lean, Mean Bulk Machine
Okay, so maybe these aren’t perfect, but you get the idea! You can probably come up with even better ones (I’d actually encourage you to).
I hope you see how easy and effective this method is. It’s really useful and perfect for the times when you need some inspiration or you’re having difficulty finding something that works.
Another really nice method of coming up with effective titles or headlines is to…
“Ugh boorrrinnnnggg” I hear you say.
Relax for a second! There’s a wealth of amazing blogs online. Maybe you follow some popular ones, maybe you don’t. One example I like to use is ProBlogger. Let me show you how you can use blog titles to create new, original titles for your sales copy.
- Click through to their “Blog” section.
- Now look at the blog post titles and see how many comments or shares these articles have (this will indicate how popular they are): Great.
- Try to find articles that received over 15 comments. These are the type of headlines that people are clicking and reading which of course, is exactly what we’ll need to use to increase sales, conversions and customer interest.
- Let’s take the blog title above and see if we turn this into something awesome for our “skinny to bulky” product. We could create something like:
10 No-Nonsense Ways To Supercharge Your Body and Become A Man Of Steel
I think that’s actually pretty nice! It conveys the main benefit of the product quickly and effectively and will pique the customers’ interest.
Remember that the headline conveys the main benefit of our product or service It should be appropriate to your target audience and if possible, be entertaining and engaging.
Both of these techniques are a great way to ease you into the process of creating outstanding and more importantly, intriguing headlines which we’ll of course, back up with outstanding content and present this message with our brand’s unique voice.
Implement these techniques right now to create headlines that work and will bring in more business for you.